Out in the Rural Produced by Judy Schader Rogers, 1970 If you have problems with the streaming video, you can download the film here. It is 22 minutes long and may take some time to download. A classic film in community health… Shot in the fall of 1969 and the winter of 1970, “Out in […]
June 4th, 2008 by Matthew Anderson
You are currently browsing the The Social Medicine Portal weblog archives for 'Civil rights' tag.
Longer entries are truncated. Click the headline of an entry to read it in its entirety.
Doctors for the 99%: Medical Solidarity with Occupy Wall Street
Our Most Popular Posts
- THE HUMAN RIGHTS ACTIVISTS’ MOTTO: WHERE THERE’S A WILL, I WANT TO BE IN IT.
- THE BREAKAWAY WEALTH OF THE 1% IS PROOF THAT WE DO NOT HAVE A CRISIS OF SCARCITY, BUT A DEFICIT OF FAIRNESS AND OF HUMAN RIGHTS. (Ron Labonte)
- SCORE: SDGs 1, HUMAN RIGHTS 0? THE SDGs ARE A POLITICALLY NEGOTIATED CONSENSUS THAT HAS NO SIGNIFICANT HUMAN RIGHTS ENFORCEMENT MECHANISM BUILT IN.
- THERE ARE DIFFERENCES IN HUMAN RIGHTS: THROUGH HUMAN RIGHTS EDUCATION WE KNOW THEM; THROUGH HUMAN RIGHTS LEARNING WE LIVE THEM. (posthumously, Jerome Koenig)
- WE NEED TO SHARPEN OUR PARTICIPATORY DEMOCRACY SO AS TO MAKE PUBLIC-PUBLIC HUMAN RIGHTS-BASED PARTNERSHIPS THE NORM. (Geoffrey Cannon)