Our colleagues at Bronx Defenders passed on a video about Alberto Willmore, one of their clients who was arrested for marijuana possession (which has been decriminalized in New York). The film documents the mulitiple consequences such an arrest can have even when an individual’s charges are dismissed.
December 21st, 2013 by Matthew Anderson
Doctors for the 99%: Medical Solidarity with Occupy Wall Street
Our Most Popular Posts
- IN A WAY, PUBLIC HEALTH DEALS WITH ‘STATISTICAL LIVES’ AND NOT WITH ‘REAL LIVES’ AS THE HUMAN RIGHT TO HEALTH DOES.
- New Book on Free Clinics by Virginia Brennan
- Health/PAC Bulletin Archives available online: A new resource for health activists
- YES, WE EVENTUALLY ALL HAVE BEGGING RIGHTS, BUT THAT IS NOT WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT. (part 2 of 3)
- THE TIME FOR FALSE NOTIONS IS OVER: HUMAN RIGHTS ACTIVISTS ARE NOT PERVERSE AGITATORS.