Our colleagues at Bronx Defenders passed on a video about Alberto Willmore, one of their clients who was arrested for marijuana possession (which has been decriminalized in New York). The film documents the mulitiple consequences such an arrest can have even when an individual’s charges are dismissed.
December 21st, 2013 by Matthew Anderson
Doctors for the 99%: Medical Solidarity with Occupy Wall Street
Our Most Popular Posts
- HUMAN RIGHTS TODAY REPRESENT THE MOST IMPORTANT SYSTEM OF UNIVERSAL VALUES THAT SHOULD BE USED AS A COMMON NORMATIVE BASIS
- FROM NUTRITION-IN-ALL-POLICIES TO NUTRITION-EQUALITY-IN-ALL-POLICIES –THE HUMAN RIGHTS WAY.
- SocMed Uganda 2015 Course Announcement – Reminder
- Damaged Care back in NYC: The Musical Comedy about Health Care in America
- THE SAD TRUTH IS THAT MOST PEOPLE ARE OUTSIDERS TO THE PRINCIPLES OF ECONOMIC, SOCIAL AND CULTURAL RIGHTS –NO MATTER HOW STRONGLY THEY AFFIRM THE OPPOSITE