Our colleagues at Bronx Defenders passed on a video about Alberto Willmore, one of their clients who was arrested for marijuana possession (which has been decriminalized in New York). The film documents the mulitiple consequences such an arrest can have even when an individual’s charges are dismissed.
December 21st, 2013 by Matthew Anderson
Doctors for the 99%: Medical Solidarity with Occupy Wall Street
Our Most Popular Posts
- SCORE: SDGs 1, HUMAN RIGHTS 0? THE SDGs ARE A POLITICALLY NEGOTIATED CONSENSUS THAT HAS NO SIGNIFICANT HUMAN RIGHTS ENFORCEMENT MECHANISM BUILT IN.
- THE BREAKAWAY WEALTH OF THE 1% IS PROOF THAT WE DO NOT HAVE A CRISIS OF SCARCITY, BUT A DEFICIT OF FAIRNESS AND OF HUMAN RIGHTS. (Ron Labonte)
- THERE ARE DIFFERENCES IN HUMAN RIGHTS: THROUGH HUMAN RIGHTS EDUCATION WE KNOW THEM; THROUGH HUMAN RIGHTS LEARNING WE LIVE THEM. (posthumously, Jerome Koenig)
- A Social Justice Take on the 2016 from Martin Donohoe, Public Health and Social Justice Website – Re-post with additional link
- New Video on Gun Violence as a Public Health Issue and Violence in the Trump Era