Our colleagues at Bronx Defenders passed on a video about Alberto Willmore, one of their clients who was arrested for marijuana possession (which has been decriminalized in New York). The film documents the mulitiple consequences such an arrest can have even when an individual’s charges are dismissed.
December 21st, 2013 by Matthew Anderson
Doctors for the 99%: Medical Solidarity with Occupy Wall Street
Our Most Popular Posts
- 2015 Left Forum in NYC: The Health Track & Something to celebrate
- THE UNITED NATION’S EXPERTISE AND COMPETENCE IS NEEDED MORE AND NOT LESS IN A WORLD IN WHICH GENUINE DEVELOPMENT COOPERATION IS REPLACING DISCREDITED PATTERNS OF FOREIGN AID AS PATRONAGE.
- HISTORY MUST SPEAK TO US MUCH MORE FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF THOSE FOREVER MARGINALIZED, FROM WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO HUMAN RIGHTS OVER THE MILLENNIA.
- Social Medicine and Human Rights in Health Professional Training
- HUMAN RIGHTS ARE NOT A SUPPLEMENTAL TASK IN ECONOMIC AND DEVELOPMENT AFFAIRS POLICY MAKING; THEY ARE A CORE ISSUE. (D. Messner)