Our colleagues at Bronx Defenders passed on a video about Alberto Willmore, one of their clients who was arrested for marijuana possession (which has been decriminalized in New York). The film documents the mulitiple consequences such an arrest can have even when an individual’s charges are dismissed.
December 21st, 2013 by Matthew Anderson
Doctors for the 99%: Medical Solidarity with Occupy Wall Street
Our Most Popular Posts
- MAKING HUMAN RIGHTS RADICAL AGAIN: THE ROLE OF SCIENCE, PASSION AND COMMITMENT (A. Atkisson, J.J. Johnson) (Part 1 of 3)
- GENUINE PARTICIPATION MUST COME BEFORE ACCOUNTABILITY
- What is the single best thing we can do for our health?
- IN THE CONTEMPORARY GLOBAL GOVERNANCE LANDSCAPE, IT IS POWER ASYMMETRIES BETWEEN ACTORS WITH CONFLICTING INTERESTS THAT SHAPE THE SOCIAL AND POLITICAL DETERMINATION OF HEALTH. #
- MAKING HUMAN RIGHTS RADICAL AGAIN: THE ROLE OF SCIENCE, PASSION AND COMMITMENT (Part 2 of 3)