Our colleagues at Bronx Defenders passed on a video about Alberto Willmore, one of their clients who was arrested for marijuana possession (which has been decriminalized in New York). The film documents the mulitiple consequences such an arrest can have even when an individual’s charges are dismissed.
December 21st, 2013 by Matthew Anderson
Doctors for the 99%: Medical Solidarity with Occupy Wall Street
Our Most Popular Posts
- THE UNITED NATION’S EXPERTISE AND COMPETENCE IS NEEDED MORE AND NOT LESS IN A WORLD IN WHICH GENUINE DEVELOPMENT COOPERATION IS REPLACING DISCREDITED PATTERNS OF FOREIGN AID AS PATRONAGE.
- Social Medicine and Human Rights in Health Professional Training
- HUMAN RIGHTS ARE NOT A SUPPLEMENTAL TASK IN ECONOMIC AND DEVELOPMENT AFFAIRS POLICY MAKING; THEY ARE A CORE ISSUE. (D. Messner)
- Slide Shows on Public Health and Social Justice Website Updated for Fall, 2015
- THE IMPERATIVE IS TO WORK FOR A RADICAL TRANSFORMATION, AND THAT MEANS UNEQUIVOCALLY TAKING SIDES FOR HUMAN RIGHTS AS A DEFINITIVE FRAMEWORK FOR AN ALTERNATIVE DISCOURSE AND A STRATEGY ACTIVISTS MUST PURSUE. #